As of 12:01am EST on July 5th, fully vaccinated travellers who are eligible to enter Canada and who comply with the specific eligibility criteria will not be required to quarantine, stay at a government-authorized accommodation or complete a day-8 test.
This is applicable for both land and air travellers.
Travellers must enter their information into the most recent update of the ArriveCAN app (updated July 5th) in order to enter Canada.
Those who are not fully-vaccinated and/or entered the country before 12:01am EST on July 5th must continue to follow current travel restrictions including:
- 3-night hotel stopover (for air travel)
- 14-day quarantine
- Pre-arrival, day-1 and day-8 testing
- Submission of information to ArriveCAN before entering Canada
- Non-essential travel to Canada continues to be prohibited and Canadians are reminded that now is not the time to travel.
Eligible Travellers Include:
- Canadian Citizens
- Permanent Residents
- International Students
- Worker Permit Holders
- Temporary Foreign Works
- Persons travelling for Family Reunification
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine
- Moderna COVID-19 vaccine
- AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD COVID-19 vaccine
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 vaccine – single dose
- Bharat Biotech (Covaxin, BBV152 A, B, C)
- Cansino (Convidecia, Ad5-nCoV)
- Gamalaya (Sputnik V, Gam-Covid-Vac)
- Sinopharm (BBIBP-CorV, Sinopharm-Wuhan)
- Sinovac (CoronaVac, PiCoVacc)
- Vector Institute (EpiVacCorona)
The list of accepted vaccines may expand in the future.
More information Here.